My PLN Experiences


I honestly don't think I could learn nearly as much information about successful ways to integrate technology into the classroom without my PLN. I have many different modes of ways to access the learning, and I engage in these PLNs daily.  Each day may look different, but there is some way that I am engaging with different groups of people.



Last week, I had the chance to contribute to one of my PLNs, the Learning Forward group.  Last week the national conference was held in Grapevine, Texas at the Gaylord Texan Convention Center, and I was chosen to present.  I wasn't sure if people would like what I had to say or would consider the information that I was presenting useful. I really enjoyed sharing my resource and enjoyed engaging with the people in my session.


    


I ended up having a very in-depth conversation after my session with a gentleman from San Antonio and found that we have VERY SIMILAR thoughts on different subject matter.  I can't wait to connect with him again and find ways to learn from each other.  My favorite thing to do is connect and help others and spend time collaborating on content together.  I think the chance at collaboration is high.

As usual Tweetdeck is another place where I like to spend a lot of time because it helps me organize my interests and groups together.  My team has been helping me see all of the things that are happening in our school district at different campuses.  I like to highlight other educators and share what they are doing so that other teachers can see the work and possibly try new things in their classrooms.




I think the one PLN group that I want to spend more time with would be EdTechCoaches Network.  I need to carve more time out of my schedule to complete this task.  I think part of the issue is that the time I would have spent working through PLN content is now spent on courses for my Master's Degree.  I think once I get through my Masters, I will have more time to spend in that type of content. But, for now, I will continue to check out their hashtag and retweet things from them too.


Comments

Popular Posts