How to Succeed in the DLL Program


The DLL program is a new way to look at learning, and I am excited to be a part of the experience.  When starting my masters I was worried that I would be in classes that would make me read and respond to content.  Reading and responding to content is important, but I was worried that it would be ONLY that!  After just the first 2 classes, I can already feel the difference.  I enjoyed seeing that the DLL instructors are passionate about voice and choice for the learner.

As the Director of Digital Learning, I was worried that the content that I would be studying would be things that I already knew or that I have had experience with. I wondered if the work that I would be doing was extra work or going over things that I have already learned.

I am excited to learn under the COVA method because I GET TO CHOOSE where I take this learning based on what I already know and what I want to learn about the topics presenting. I am going to be able to take MY understanding to the next level. By giving me the autonomy to choose what I want to learn or how I want to share what I know, it gives me ownership in my learning and deepens what I am doing.

A big part of the DLL program that I am most excited about would be the chance to build my digital portfolio.  This creates a place for me to showcase my work, understanding and learning. My district ic going through a digital portfolio implementation and this work will provide authenticity to my conversations with others.  The Authentic Innovation Plan is very exciting to me too.  I can't wait to build in something that will help me with the work I am doing on a daily basis.



**image source: https://pixabay.com/en/career-road-away-way-of-life-479578

Comments

Popular Posts